Affirmations – A Powerful Way to Change Your Thinking!
Did you know that your mind affects your actions far more than any other physical part of your body? More often than not, our mind has been conditioned over time into being a negative force in our lives – preventing us from achieving our best! As a result, negative self-talk has a huge impact on how we go about our everyday lives. Therefore the key to combating this negative self-talk is through powerful and meaningful affirmations.
What are Affirmations?
Affirmations are short, powerful phrases that can have a huge impact on your mind and body. With this in mind, you carefully construct them to have the most impact possible! An affirmation is firmly declaring a positive thought and assertively stating it as a truth. Therefore by using these phrases often, it helps to rewire our brain to think in a more positive light. The following affirmations are some of my favorites to use:
- I am a living, breathing example of motivation.
- I give thanks for all I have.
- I’m rising above the thoughts that are trying to make me angry or afraid.
- I am not pushed by my problems; I am led by my dreams.
- I am not defined my by past; I am driven by my future.
- I am conquering my illness; I am defeating it steadily each day.
- I am the architect of my life; I build its foundation and choose its contents.
- I wake up today with strength in my heart and clarity in my mind.
- I am an unstoppable force.
- Happiness is a choice, and today I choose to be happy.
- I accept myself for who I am and create peace, power and confidence of mind and of heart.
- I am constantly growing and evolving into a better person.
How to Write Your Own Affirmations
Step One: “I am. . .”
One of the most important parts of writing affirmations is how you start it. You can start it with “I am” or “My,” as long as you are making it a statement about yourself! Your mind is powerful and will interpret it as a directive that it must follow through on.
Step Two: Use Present Tense
It should be noted that you should make sure you are always writing them in the present tense. Even if it’s something that you want to achieve in the future, we’re manifesting it into our reality now! Therefore, this helps your mind visualize the outcome.
Step Three: Speak about what you WANT
Your subconscious mind cannot tell the difference between negative and positive. To make sure your affirmations work – stick to the positive! Try to turn those negative thoughts into positive statements about yourself, one at a time.
Step Four: KEEP IT SIMPLE
This goes without saying, but these are meant to be short and simple! You want to be able to be consistent and remembering something short is a lot easier than trying to remember an essay!
Step Five: BE SPECIFIC
If you want something in particular – being specific about it will help you visualize it! For example, instead of “I will be financially abundant,” say “I am enjoying my $100,000 earnings this year.”
Step Six: KEEP IT PERSONAL & GIVE IT MEANING
In the end, these are meant for you – so make sure you keep them related to things you have control over directly. We unfortunately cannot dictate others’ actions! Above all, make sure you can believe it. If you have a hard time believing your affirmation, you’ll be more hesitant when saying them. Make it have meaning to you!
Want to practice more mindfulness? Get Your toolkit!
I wish you enough💜
Health Coach and Mentor