Eat Healthy For Everyday Wellness
How do you eat healthy with a chronic illness?
Eating healthy for everyday wellness is essential for improved mental health, disease prevention, and weight control. Many people neglect to look at their diet when it comes to how it affects their chronic illness. Not to mention finding a proper diet that helps reduce your symptoms. It can be exhausting! Dealing with everyday life stressors can also be linked with unhealthy eating. It is one of the most popular coping mechanisms in our society today. When we’re feeling emotionally pressed, it is so easy to reach for foods high in saturated fats, sugars and refined carbohydrates. Unfortunately, that tends to lead to more inflammation in our bodies, amongst other things. Here are a handful of books I highly recommend for those suffering with chronic illness. They have truly helped me rediscover the path of wellness through the use of diet and nutrition.
- BEAT Autoimmune, Palmer Kippola
- How to Cook for Crohn’s and Colitis, Brenda Roscher
- Wheat Belly, William Davis, M.D.
- The 20/20 Diet, Dr. Phil McGraw
- The Plant Paradox, Steven R. Gundry, M.D.
- The Mommy Diet, Alison Sweeney
- Cooking ‘Round the Clock, Rachael Ray